Juan Williams writes a very good piece in the New York Times ("Don't Mourn Brown v. Board of Education") on the Supreme Court's ruling on race.
1) Brown's time has passed
2) Desegregation "does not speak" to high dropout rates among black and Hispanic students.
3) Doesn't address the racial gap.
4) Despite Brown's presence, America's public schools have re-segregated
5) Parents want to focus more on quality education rather than on integration
6) He even has a kind word for NCLB
7) The court has come full circle--race can't be used to move kids around.